This recipe is truly a summer favorite! Make it at home, for a date night or a family affair. You will love this one.
White Truffle Oil
I used white truffle oil for this recipe, so the truffle flavours are infused into the sauce during the blending process, and when sautéed. You could use real white truffle but its more expensive and may not be as aromatic as the oil.
I have used this truffle oil for the white truffle pesto sauce. Its the best one I’ve used so far!
Spaghetti (and not any other pasta!)
The reason spaghetti is the best option to use for this recipe is because it can hold a lot of the sauce. Using pappardelle or fettuccini are also good options. This sauce is not a thick one, its quite liquid because of the oils and nuts, so when using penne, farfalle or fusilli you may not get enough of the sauce with each bite. Trust me, the choice of pasta matters!
Boil Your Pasta Correctly
Please read this for mistakes you may be making when cooking your pasta. Here are 5 tips to cook better pasta!
Share, comment, or tag me in your recreations! I would love to see!
White Truffle Italian Basil Pesto Spaghetti
- 1 sauteuse
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Sharp knife
- 100 grams boiled pasta (spaghetti) slightly undercooked and KEEP the pasta water please!
White Truffle Pesto
- 75 grams fresh Italian basil or mixed basil
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white truffle oil
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1 green chilli minced
- 1 tbsp minced dill
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Tabasco
- 4 brown button mushrooms sliced
- Boil the pasta and keep the pasta water (make sure the pasta is slightly undercooked, say 85% cooked)
- Blend all the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor.
- In a cast iron sauteuse or stainless steel sauteuse, sauté the fresh pesto until fragrant.
- Add the chilli and the rest of the seasoning. Stir it in for a few minutes. You can add your mushrooms here and let it sweat before the next step.
- Pour in the pasta water, and sauté the mixture until it starts to thicken.
- Add the boiled pasta, and let it cook with the sauce for a few minutes with the lid on
- Serve warm. Add grated parmesan or extra nutritional yeast on top, and some fresh chilli flakes as well.
- You don't have to use all the sauce from the pan, you can store the sauce in a glass jar for another meal!