This salad takes 15-20 minutes and requires no dressing! It’s light and refreshing to take to work or to prepare at home for a light meal.
The mango is all you need for the flavour, and it compliments the savoury balsamic seasoned halloumi so well.
Mango & Halloumi Salad
- Wash and toss the salad leaves in the salad spinner. Spin until the leaves are dry, keep aside
- Slice the halloumi cheese, and fry until golden brown. While the halloumi cheese cooks on the pan, add 2 drops of balsamic cream on each side of the cheese so the cheese is seasoned. Make sure you cook each side until it is light brown and crisp. Slice the cheese in half once you take off the pan, and keep aside.
- Cut the mango in half. Use one half to cut into cubes, and the other half to scoop and slice to create the mango rose.
- Place the cubed mango in your serving salad bowl first
- Layer this with half of the halloumi slices and half of the kidney beans
- Toss in the salad leaves
- Decorate with the other half of the halloumi slices and kidney beans
- Gently place the mango rose in the center of the salad
- Drizzle the olive oil over and around the salad. You can sprinkle some of your favourite roasted nuts or seeds on top of this as a garnish.
- Serve! Take a photo and tag @TheVeggieWifey!