This soup is for those days where you just need some comfort. Pair this up with some grilled cheese, and feel your soul fill up with some warmth and love.
Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- 1 non-stick pot
- 1 Wooden spoon
- 1 Sharp chefs knife
- 1 Hand-blender
- 3 tbsps avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1/2 medium white onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup celery optional
- 1/2 red pepper (bell pepper/capsicum)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp hing (asafetida) optional
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Heat the avocado oil in the pot over medium heat for 30 seconds
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic. Stir together until the onions turn translucent
- Add the tomatoes, red pepper, carrot and celery. Stir together until the tomatoes turn liquid, and you're able to mash it with the back of your spatula.
- Add 2 cups of water, the fresh herbs and spices. Place the lid over the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Once the carrots have softened (check if you're able to mash them with the back of your spatula), taste check. You can add more salt here if you like.
- Using a hand blender (or regular blender) blend the veggies into a soup.
- Serve hot, with a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.
All articles, recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.