This cake is pudding-like moist, but definitely not short of any flavour. It is very much on par with a lot of the pistachio cream cakes out there, but the difference: this has almond flour and low-GI sugar!
The cashew cream as frosting is the best combination for this cake, adding that perfect extra bit of natural sweetness.
Note: be sure to wait until the cake has FULLY cooled before you add the cashew cream. You can store this cake for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Don’t forget to tag me or send me your recreations if you make this. I would love to share!
Serves 4 | 45 minutes |
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup pistachio kernels (ground into powder)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 150ml soy cream
- ¼ cup blue agave
- ¼ cup grape seed oil
- 2 egg replacers/eggs or 2 tbsp of chia seed meal with 6 tbsps of water
- 100g cashew nuts
- 200ml hot water
- 2 tbsp blue agave
- Preheat the oven to 180℃
- In a medium sized bowl, soak the cashew nuts in the hot water and keep aside for 40 minutes.
- In a larger bowl, whisk the almond flour, ground pistachios and salt and baking powder and set aside
- In another bowl, whisk the soy cream, blue agave, and grape seed oil altogether, then combine this with the almond flour mixture.
- Add the egg replacers to the cake batter and whisk until smooth.
- In a 20cm in diameter round baking tray, pour the cake batter and bang it against the table top 3-4 times to remove any air bubbles, then place it in the oven for 25-28 minutes. Use the toothpick trick to check if it is done.
- While you are waiting for this to bake, in a blender, add the cashew nuts with the water. You may add a little more water, bit by bit if it is too thick. The consistency you are aiming for is a thick creamy mixture.
- Once the cashew nuts are blended into a smooth paste, add the agave and use it as frosting for the cake. Garnish with ground pistachios and rose petals!
All recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.
2 Comments Add yours
Hi there, there’s some info missing in your ingredient list – for baking powder, blue agave and grapeseed oil – is it supposed to be teaspoons?
Hey! Thanks so much for letting me know, I’ve updated the amounts. Hope it’s clearer now. Thanks!