A low-fat version of the most scrumptious dip known to all dip lovers. This was inspired by one of my favourite childhood restaurants California Pizza Kitchen. That recipe was super calorific but so yum! Don’t forget to tag when you remake this, I would love to share!
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- 2 tbsps of unsalted butter
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups of frozen spinach
- 4 large artichoke hearts (canned)
- 1 cup organic veggie stock
- 1/2 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 lemon slice
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and butter. Let it sizzle slightly
- Add the onions and sauté until light brown
- Add the garlic and give that a couple of stirs
- Add the flour bit by bit, so it doesn’t get too clumpy. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the veggie stock, whisking it through the flour. The dip should now be a smooth thick consistency
- Add the spinach (make sure you washed and squeezed through it first) and the artichoke. Mix
- Add the cream (bit by bit again, you’re the best judge for the flavour)
- Add mozzarella, and mix it all together.
- Squeeze the lemon slice and sprinkle some Tabasco over this for that kick, then mix it through. If the dip is too runny, add more flour, if it is too thick, add more cream or a bit of hot water.
- Sprinkle pepper to serve, and eat with selected crackers
All recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.