I made this spinach filo pie as a single course dinner and it was really easy to make. The presentation is what stole the show, and will be a showstopper if you plan to serve this too. The filo crisps into a beautiful golden brown at the top, leaving the bottom soft and tender for you to dig into with the cheese and spinach combination. Don’t forget to tag me or send me your recreations if you make this. I would love to share!
It’s important to use filo here and not any other pastry as this recipe needs a thinner pastry sheet.
Serves 1 | 30 minutes
- 3-4 cups of spinach, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 3/4 of a cup of feta cheese (you may want to add bit by bit as feta is quite salty, you can also replace with mozz cheese)
- 1 large egg
- Chilli flakes
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 large filo sheet
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Gently grease a non-stick silicone baking mould (I use the bottomless ones, you can also use a silicone ribbon)
- Cut the filo sheet into 2” wide strips, and place each vertically, in a circular pattern, around the circle mould. Half of each strip should be in the circle, and the other half should be hanging off the edge of the mould. As you place each strip over the other, you may need to grease the top of each strip so that it all nicely sticks together.
- Gently place the filling mix in the middle of the mould
- Scrunch the loose ends of the filo strips on the top of the mould, creating a flowery shape (or whatever suits you!) 6. Place in the oven for about 15-20mins.
- Serve hot!
All recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.