Tacos are the easiest dinner option to make when you are running low on time. They are small, filling and delicious.
Here is my veggie blended taco made with beyond mixed beef to add that extra protein in. Don’t forget to tag me or send me your recreations if you make this. I would love to share!
- 1 avocado
- 1 packet of small round tortillas
- 1/4 purple cabbage (chopped)
- Minced veggie meat from Beyond Meat
- Mayo dressing
- Tapatio hot sauce
- 1 egg, whisked together in a bowl
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs on a flat plate
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of grape seed oil (more needed if necessary)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/2 cup of peas
- Slice the avocado into 2cm thick slices
- Cover each strip of avocado with the egg
- Gently roll the avocado through the breadcrumbs. The whole avocado strip should be completely covered in breadcrumbs to ensure it fries crispy.
- In a heated pan, add the oil and leave it to heat for 5 mins.
- Add the avocado strips, frying each side thoroughly. Let it turn golden brown before taking it out onto paper towels to dry. Set aside.
- In a deep pan, add some oil and let it heat up
- Add the garlic and onion, and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add the minced meat, and leave it to soften.
- Add the cumin powder, lemon juice and chilli powder, and mix through.
- Add the peas, cinnamon stick, and leave it over a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Once fragrant, take it off the gas and set aside to cool.
- In another flat pan, turn the flame to medium fire, and leave it to heat for 2 mins.
- Add the small tortillas (30 secs to 1 min to warm up) and quickly transfer to a plate.
- In a line across the center of the tortilla, add one slice of the crispy avocado, chopped purple cabbage, 1-2 tbsp of the veggie meat mixture and guacamole (recipe next post and optional here).
- Sprinkle with spicy or normal mayo, and tapatio sauce to serve!
All recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.