A blend of sweet and savoury, something different from your everyday chickpea hummus! Don’t forget to tag me or send me your recreations if you make this. I would love to share!
Serves 2 | 30 minutes |
- 1.5 beetroots
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps of tahini
- Chilli powder
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh chilli
- Wrap the beetroot in tinfoil, poke holes around it and place in an oven (180 degrees, 30 mins) to fully cook.
- Once fully cooked (a fork should easily slide through the beetroot) open the foil and let it cool down.
- Cut the beetroot in 2 inch pieces
- In a blender, place the beetroot, drained chickpeas (keep the water aside), chilli, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cilantro.
- Blend thoroughly by pulsing through. Add the canned water (bit by bit) to the mixture to help blend.
- Season with salt, pepper and chilli powder.
- Serve with cheese sticks or garlic bread
All recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.