Comfort cookies to indulge in. These cookies are made with oats, whole wheat, spices and dried fruit. It has got the best kind of crunch on the exterior, and a beautifully soft and moist interior.
You can add nuts and other dried fruits to mix it up, and feel free to add extra chocolate chips.
Every time I make this, my house smells unbelievable. It’s the best cookies I have made to date.
Let me know how it goes for you!
Serves 14 cookies | 30 minutes
- 2 cups organic, old-fashion rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill, it’s the best)
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsps of dried cranberries (optional)
- 100g of milk choco chips (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 free range egg (you can replace this with chia egg)
- 250ml of melted unsalted butter
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Mix all the wet ingredients
- Mix it altogether
- Scoop up 3/4 tbsp of the mixture in your hand and flatten on the surface of a parchment covered baking tray
- Bake in 200 degrees Celsius for 15 mins (or until golden brown)
- Cool on a cooling rack, enjoy while warm!
You can certainly store this for up to a week in an airtight container.
All recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.