Who does not love a hearty mac and cheese once in a while, to fulfill that cheat meal craving? I was craving this when I was 5 months pregnant and made this recipe up on the spot, going with the flow and sense of taste for the flavours.
I was salivating just thinking about the meal so I made this super quick and delightfully easy.
Don’t forget to tag me or send me your recreations if you make this. I would love to share!
Serves 2 | 15 minutes |
- 2 cups macaroni (boiled)
- 3/4 cup of cooking cream
- 2 big tbsps of greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cube of vegetable stock mixed in 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 2 handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Whisk the greek yoghurt and cooking cream together until smooth
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter
- As it sizzles, add the yoghurt/cream mixture. Let it simmer.
- Add the mozzarella. Watch it melt through.
- Add the stock mixture, bit by bit. Taste it as you add it in, you don’t want it too salty.
- Add the macaroni to the mixture. Let it melt through the pasta.
- Serve with your favourite hot sauce
All recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.