This is my all time favourite pasta recipe. It’s comforting and absolutely scrumptious.
Don’t forget to tag me or send me your recreations if you make this. I would love to share!
- 5 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 medium Onion (minced)
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp of Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of Basil (chopped)
- 1 medium Red Pepper diced
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 can of peeled tomato and purée
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Pepper
- 150 ml of Cream
- 2 cups of Pipe Rigate
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and onion until it turns golden brown
- Add the cherry tomatoes, red pepper and canned tomato with the puree.
- Fry the mixture until all the water has evaporated, then add the peppers/tomatoes are soft
- Add the basil and parsley, and stir on medium heat for another 5 mins
- Turn off the gas, and place the mixture aside to cool
- Once it has cooled down, place the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture back in the pan, turn up the heat to a slow simmer, and add the cream.
- Once the mixture has started to bubble, add salt, pepper, chilli flakes, thyme and oregano. Let it cook on low heat for 10mins.
- In another pot, add boiling water and salt. Place the pipe rigate to boil.
- Once the pipe rigate is ready, drain it and add to the sauce mixture. Stir continuously, but gently, to let the pasta absorb the sauce without breaking the pasta.
- Season with more chilli flakes as you please and serve! I’ve added a mint leaf on top.
All recipes and images are copyright and the intellectual property of ‘The Veggie Wifey’, and cannot be altered or redistributed for commercial or other purposes.