Salmon is one of the easiest seafood dishes to make as a vegetarian, as it doesn’t take too much time to prep or cook. These skewers are grilled to create that crunchy buttery coat but maintains the soft and melty interior.
15 minutes | Serves 2 |
- 1 red pepper, pitted and cut in squares
- 1 large salmon fillet (cut in cubes, or as near to that as you can get)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced)
- 5 cloves of garlic (crushed/shredded)
- 2 tbsps of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of organic soya sauce
- Balsamic cream
- Lemon juice
- 2 tbsps of unsalted butter
- Marinate the cubed salmon, and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Poke through the salmon and peppers on the satay stick, repeating the sequence to create peppers in between each salmon cube along the stick
- Heat up the grill on high flame
- In a separate small pan, melt the butter, place it in a bowl and add the remaining marinade to the bowl, if any. If not, then crush or shred some extra garlic to place in the butter. Mix well.
- Place the salmon skewers on the grill, gently brushing the garlic butter sauce on each side.
- Spritz some lemon over the top for some extra flavour
- Drizzle some balsamic cream on top before serving.